MACH3 Basic Setup:You should purchase the MACH3 or try the demo version from http://www.machsupport.com/
1) Setup hardware according section "First Installation"
2) Connect Parallel port cable to PC
3) Go to computer BIOS setup, set parallel port to ECP mode
4) Make sure you are using 32Bit XP, Win2000, 32 Bit Win7 OS with 25 pin printer parallel port. (USB to Parallel port converter does not work!).If you do not have a printer port, then you can purchase PCI parallel port card with ECP mode
5) Install MACH3 software
6) Open Mach3 -> Mill
7) Select "Config", click "Select Native Units", and then select mm or inch
, we use "mm" as unit.
8) Select "Config", "Ports and Pins", choose 25000Hz for stepping motorSet the correct parallel port number, normally default is 0X378, if you are using PCI card type parallel port, then it may be different, you can check your correct port address in hardware device, ports & LPT. Follow the below photo's pinout setting
If you want to invert the axis's direction, Just press the Dir Low Active.
9 ) Select "Config", click "Motor tuning", select X Axis firstly and set as below photo. Remember to press "SAVE AXIS SETTINGS" after you modify each axis as below.. REMEMBER to press SAVE AXIS SETTINGS ButtonAnd then press Axis-> Selection on the right hand side, select Y, Z, A and B. Follow the same steps as X setting.Steps per mm must be 320, (For MIB Instruments¡¯ CNC3020, CNC6040 model)Velocity can be 0 to 3500 mm per minutesAcceleration can be 20 to 400 mm/sStep Pulse better to be 10us, or 5us, too low will lose step.Dir Pulse is 2us
10 ) And then go to Config-> System Hotkeys. You can set the control button of your keyboard.Default X, Y and Z are set as direction UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT key. You can then press A/U++ and then press keyboard "Page Up", press B/U-- and then press keyboard "Page Down", press B/V++ and then press keyboard "<", press B/V-- and then press keyboard "<".Then you can use Page Up, Page Down to control A axis, and <, > to control B axis.